Well it’s been some time since my last post and boy have I missed this! But during my hiatus, I tell you I have learned much and seen much and have much to share! I’d like to kick it off with the word AGENDA.
Merriam Webster defines the word as “a list of things to be considered or done. A plan or goal that guides someone’s behavior and that is often kept secret.”
Now when I read that definition and then think about the way we can interpret either one, the ending will leave you feeling that it’s a negative word. Whenever we hear or read the word secret, it can leave one feeling like they are about to partake in, have been, or will be deceived or be deceiving. Although this may be true in some instances, let’s take the second definition away and just focus on the first half.
So here’s the truth..EVERYONE HAS AGENDA’S!! I know I know let me guess, not you right? You want people to know you are who you are and nothing more or less. That’s cool. No really it is. But just know, WE ALL DESIRE SOMETHING IN LIFE and depending on the TACTICS we use to get them, our agenda’s will be perceived accordingly. The best way to make sure your goals are received and accomplished the right way in the relationships you cultivate, is to be honest about the WHY. Often times people know WHAT you want, but they don’t always know WHY you want it and more importantly WHY you want it from them.
S0000 how about you tell them!
- Compliments Create Conversation
- “This is the best party. How did you come up with this idea?”
- “You look great. Where do you get your sense of style?”
- “I admire how you have built your brand. What advice would you give to someone in the beginning stages of building their own brand?”
- Always think Servitude (Where do they have a need that you can assist with?)
- Offer/Provide your time
- Extend your gfts and or talents
- Give of your resources
- Grow Organically (If it’s meant to be it will be)
- Connect through social media
- Have small talk when at mutual events
- Be kind and authentic. Never try to be someone you are not to gain their attention
When it’s all said and done, you cannot force anyone to believe what you believe nor do what you want them to do. Not if you want to have healthy, genuine, long-lasting relationships. You must be you in your most authentic form, allow the energy you project bring forth what you want to connect up with and then let God do the rest (at least that what I do). Try it and let me know how it goes! Tell next Monday have a great week and Be Intentional!